Monday, November 05, 2007

The Death of a Friend

My heart has been very sad today as I learned of the tragic death of my friend, Brent Human. I have known Brent since around 1999 when I went to Sunbright as youth pastor. Brent was quite the prankster back then.

When I heard the news, I drove to the Harriman hospital where I was told the family was gathering as they awaited the arrival of the body following the fatal accident. I visited with them for a couple hours until the funeral home picked up the body.

Brent was the son of R. B. & Velma Human from Sonbright Christian Center. He and his wife, Savannah, have two children, the second born a little over a month ago.

For the past hour or so I have been sitting here in my office remembering the many good times and conversations I have had with Brent. He was a good young man whom I am deeply thankful that I had the opportunity to know.

This is a very difficult time for Savannah as well as for R. B., Velma, Bryant (brother), and Victoria (sister). Please remember them in your prayers as well as the rest of the family.

I will post funeral arrangements here as soon as I know them.

No comments: