Monday, July 21, 2008

Death Announcement

I just returned from the hospital a little while ago, and I am very sad to announce that Jay Houston passed away as a result of the injuries he sustained in an accident earlier today.

I didn’t know Jay personally, but he was my sister-in-law, Brenda’s, uncle. My brothers, Chris and Bill, were both well acquainted with Jay, and they have talked about what a good man he was. Jay has children living in California and Nevada, I believe, and all of them were able to come and visit with him just a few weeks ago.

When death comes so suddenly it only reminds us of how short life really is. In the bible, James spoke of the brevity of life. “For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away” (James 4:14). How very important it is, then, that we prepare ourselves for that day that will come to all of us.

Please join me in prayer for Jay’s wife, children, and grandchildren, for his extended family, and for all those who knew and loved him.

No comments: