Monday, July 30, 2007

It's Official

Yesterday at the State Convention Bishop McKinley announced that Donald Lawrence will be the new pastor of Sonbright Christian Center. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate him on his new assignment. I believe God has great things ahead for this church. I would like to encourage all the members of SCC to continue to support the church and your new pastor and to work together in the harvesting efforts in Morgan County.

Bishop McKinley also announced that I will be doing mission work in Cumberland County with the goal of organizing a church. There is an estimated 53,000 people in Cumberland County with a growing minority population. We will not to be in competition with the other churches in the area. We simply want to reach out and join in the harvest.

I am very excited about what God is doing, and I am committed to follow as He leads. The road is not always easy, but His grace is sufficient.

No comments: