Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's Time For A NEW BEGINNING

Yesterday I began my new ministry as a church planter. Last night I met with a small group of 18 to discuss our mission and how we would proceed. As we began our meeting, I asked those present for a commitment to assist in the mission efforts as we reach out into the area to win new people to the Lord with the goal of organizing a church. Seventeen people signed their names. There were some who were unable to attend tonight whom I believe will also commit to this work.

One of the first things we discussed was the need for a name that would help to identify our mission and our target. Several ideas were brought up and discussed. Finally, someone spoke up and said, “I think we need a name that will demonstrate change. Something that will give hope.” Someone else said, “Like, maybe, New Beginnings.” The Holy Ghost seemed to put His approval on this suggestion, as there was spontaneous praise and worship and an awesome sense of His presence in the room. New Beginnings Family Outreach Ministries was adopted by one accord.

As we proceeded with discussion I was informed that another church has already committed to adopt us as a mission partner with a monthly gift. Additionally, we were given a one thousand dollar check by someone else to assist in the harvest.

I never cease to be amazed at what the Lord is doing. This is definitely a God thing!

No comments: